Draft Variation 351 to the Territory Plan (DV351) proposes to rezone area immediately west of the suburbs of Holt and Macgregor for future urban development. The main changes to the area include:
- rezoning part of the site to a range or urban zones;
- introducing a nature reserve overlay to the river corridor zone;
- rezoning the 'Transgrid Canberra Substation' to a Transport and Servces Zone;
- rezoning the 'Strathnairn Arts Precinct' and 'Belconnen Far Heritage Precinct' to Community Facility Zone;
- apply a future urban area (FUA) overlay to part of the site; and
- introduce a site-specific structure plan and concept plan into the Territory plan.
Note: The notifiable instrument is on the first page of the document and the draft variation follows.
Written comments are invited until COB Monday 6 July 2015.
To support DV351, the National Capital Authority (NCA) has prepared National Capital Plan (NCP) Draft Amendment 85 (DA85) to the National Capital Plan - NCP DA85
A public information session on DA85 to the NCP and DV351 to the Territory Plan will be held on Thursday 4 June 2015 from 6pm to 7pm in Shop 2 (car park frontage), Kippax Fair Shopping Centre, Hardwick Crescent, Holt ACT 2615. Attendance to this session is by RSVP. Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 1 June 2015.
A single point for submitting comments has been established and submission will be considered by both the National Capital Authority and the ACT Environment and Planning Directorate. Comments should include a reference to DV351 and/or DA85, your name and contact details.
Comments can be:
- emailed to email@example.com
- mailed to Territory Plan Comments, GPO Box 158, Canberra, ACT 2601
- delivered to EPD Customer Service Centre, 16 Challis Street, Dickson